Thoughts from the Big Red Old Notebook

 I feel like I should write something lately. So here I am writing in an old notebook that wasn't mine just to write something that might not be read by others.

I'm thinking about a lot of things and if you have a lot of things in your little head, there's a pen and paper to keep you company. Write or draw, you can do anything you want. I haven't done this in a while and maybe that's how I got my headache from thinking a lot. Instead of writing my thoughts as an outlet, I took the more accessible route in this modern world; distractions. Sometimes (maybe oftentimes) people tend to distract ourselves instead of addressing the thoughts we don't want to deal with. Aware or not. Just one click in this rectangular technology and you'll forget the things you don't want to mind, even if it's just for awhile. A little exposures that can distract you from reality for hours. 

One subtle click that we meant as a simple form of relaxation.

But are we, really? 

Are we relaxed or just detached?

Our brain wasn't meant to absorb fast information that changes in every second. Even our emotions can't keep up with ever-changing contents. And maybe that's the reason we feel fatigue even we're not doing anything (just sitting and scrolling). We can't process informations that doesn't even retain. So maybe, instead of distracting ourselves from thinking, take a step back. Grab a pen and paper and start writing about anything. The important thing is to begin.


–SomNam

(Rewritten from the Big Red Notebook)

Comments

Popular Posts